West Points

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Silence of the Blog

by Heather Gurewitz
Mendocino Women's Business Center Director

Given the number of workshops, consulting, and new programs we have been delivering, our blog has been somewhat on vacation. But, if I were one of my clients, I would tell myself, "You can't let your blog rest! It has to be working for you 24/7. Just put something short up, anything that is valuable and interesting, it doesn't have to be a full blog." And yet, with all the excitement around here, it seems to have fallen through the cracks.


Now I could offer some useful tips on how to make sure you get your blog done in busy times, but then, that would seem pretty hypocritical. However, looking back, I ask myself, "Am I really stressed about the more-than-month long silence of the blog?" No, and here's why:

The purpose of our blog is to share information and continue to develop West Company's reputation as a resource for micro and small businesses in Mendocino County. While our blog is an important part of that strategy, it is part of a whole mix of things that we do, including the actual "pedal to the metal" consulting and training. What really makes West Company a valuable resource isn't my half hour words of wisdom, but rather the work we do with clients. And we have been busy with all kinds of great events. We've been offering our "Building a Better Business" workshop series both on the coast and in Ukiah and we've been bringing in some experts to help those in business to expand their existing knowledge so they can keep up. So, while the silence of the blog has been nagging at me, it is more important to focus on the work that is going to get you closer to reaching your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment